Jet Set Beauty | Reem & Natalya Kanj
I have a younger sister and as we’re close in age we’re like best friends and we do absolutely everything together, so it’s obvious that one of my favourite blogs, Five Five Fabulous is run by sisters Reem and Natalya Kanj!
Natalya and Reem are both graduates from the prestigious London College of Fashion and when they’re not blogging to keep us up to date with what they’ve been up to whether that’s attending the hottest shows, collaborating with the likes of River Island, Puma and Juicy Couture, dining at the best restaurants and sharing their baking recipes (Reem‘s Salted Caramel Hearts are SO good!) they’re still just as into fashion with Reem guest lecturing at University of the Arts London, contributing for Huffington Post and consulting luxury brands, while Natalya‘s worked at Diane Von Furstenberg and now works at the HQ of a luxury fashion brand.
The sisters are based between Dubai and London so they rack up a decent number of air miles so I spoke to them about their tips for looking great after a flight and the beauty trends they spotted at the recent London Fashion Week:
- Ultimate getaway destination? Somewhere in the Caribbean. No phones, no laptop just sand and sea!
- You’re stranded on an exotic island, which beauty products would you have with you on this island? I would have Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream and cocoa butter.
- Favourite spa to unwind? I haven’t actually found the right one yet.
- Best place in the world to shop? Online! I love The Outnet, Shopbop and Net-A-Porter as well as Matches.
- Tips on instant glamour after hopping off a plane? Tie your hair back into a ponytail, moisturise your lips and add some colour to your cheeks.
- You recently attended London and Paris Fashion Week, which were your favourite shows and did you spot any beauty trends you’ll be rocking this season? I loved Burberry, Dior and Louis Vuitton. I think I’ll be rocking dark lips and lined eyes.
- Which products do you both use on-flight? Eight Hour Cream goes every where with me and Natalya, we both swear by it.
- You’re based between London and Dubai; where in those cities should we check out? I love Heddon St in London and The One & Only in Dubai.
Check out Natalya and Reem’s blog here.